Dating fender amps chassis number
Leo Fender began building guitar amplifiers before he started manufacturing electric guitars.
Toward the end, despite keeping such construction, Fender utilized Tolex to cover its amps.
The shift from tweed to Tolex occurred in limited production in 1960.
The tolex on the earliest versions in this era was pinkish brown and rough textured.
The first amplifiers made in-house by the Fender Electric Instrument Company have been dubbed the Woodie series, built in 1946 through 1948.
They included the Model 26 Deluxe, the Princeton, and the Professional.